- 1964 – B.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1966 – M.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1970 – D.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- Environmental Friendly Transportation Systems: Alternative (Electric, Hybrid and Gas-Powered) and Cybernetic Vehicles
- Internal Combustion Engines: Improving the Performance and Reducing Emission of Pollutants; Alternative Fuels.
- Radiation Heat Transfer: Participating Media, Spectral Calculations, Remote Sensing.
- Visiting Professor, Mech. & Aero. Eng., Seoul National Univ., Korea (summer 2001)
- Visiting Professor, Dept. Idraulica Trasporti e Strade, Univ. Roma, Italy (spring 2001)
- Visiting Professor, Mech. Eng., Ecole Polytech. Fed. Lausanne, Switzerland (winter 2001)
- Visiting Professor, INRIA – Nat. Res. Inst. Inform. & Autom., Versailles, France (2000-2001)
- Visiting Scholar (JSPS), Kyoto Univ. (summer 1997)
- Visiting Professor, Mech. Eng. Univ. of Minnesota (Summers 1995, 1996)
- Visiting Professor Lab. EM2C, Ecole Central Paris (1996)
- Visiting Scholar, Chem. Eng., Imperial College of Sci. & Tech., London (Winter 1992, Royal Society Grant)
- Visiting Professor, Mech. Eng., Case Western Reserve Univ., Cleveland, Ohio (Summer 1991)
- Visiting Professor, Univ. of Minnesota, Mech. Eng. (Spring, 1988)
- Visiting Scientist, Harwell Lab., U.K. Atomic Energy Auth. (1987-88)
- Visiting Professor, Mech. Eng., Univ. of California, Berkeley (Spring 1983)
- Visiting Professor, Nuclear Safety, EPRI, Palo Alto, CA (1978-80)
- Research Associate, Chem. Eng., City College, New York (1970-1973)
Public Professional Activities
- Director (CEO), MadaTech – Israel National Museum of Science, Technology & Space, Haifa, under auspices of Technion (since 2002)
- Head, Internal Combustion Engines Lab, Faculty of Mech. Eng., Technion ( since 1991)
- Head, Technion Transportation Research Inst. (1997 ï¿½ 2000)
- Chairman, Solar World Congress of the Int. Solar Energy Society, Jerusalem (July 1999)
- L. Tartakovsky, M. Gutman, Y. Zvirin and R. Serry, “Influence of urban driving conditions on on-road exhaust emissions and fuel consumption of gasoline cars”, Proc. 30th ISATA (Int. Symp. Automotive Tech. & Automation), Florence, Italy, (1997).
- Y. Zvirin and B. Aronov, “Heat transfer in solar collectors”, Invited Keynote Lecture/Paper, Proc. 11th Int. Heat Transfer Conf., Kyongju, 1, 325-339, Korea, (1998).
- Y. Zvirin, M. Gutman and L. Tartakovsky, “Fuel Effects On Emissions”, Chapter 16 in Handbook of Air Pollution from Internal Combustion Engines: Pollutant Formation and Control, edited by E. Sher, Academic Press, 548-651 (1998).
- M. Ben David, Y. Zimmels and Y. Zvirin, “Determination of the quench velocity and rewetting temperature of hot surfaces: a new integrated approach of micro- and macro-scale models”. Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 44, 1343-1371 (2001).
- B. Aronov and Y. Zvirin, “Temperature field inversion and break-down at the interface of semi-transparent two-layer system in radiative heat transfer”, Int. J. Therm. Sci., 40, 865-876 (2001).
- Y. Zvirin and M. Parent, “Energy and environmental aspects of electric and hybrid vehicles towards the 21st century”, Invited Paper, Journ. Japan Soc. Energy Res., 22, 42-45 (2001).
- L. Tartakovsky, A. Davidy, D. Dvorjetski, Y. Aleinikov, M. Veinblat, M. Gutman and Y. Zvirin, “The potential of the remote sensing method for vehicle inspection programs”, Proc. 11th Int. Sypm. Transport and Air Pollution, Graz, Austria (2002).
- A. Davidy and Y. Zvirin, “Derivation and solution of the general dynamic equation for fine particulate matter emitted from internal combustion engines”, Proc. 12th Int. Heat Transfer Conf., Grenoble, France, Vol. 3, 189-194 (2002).
- L. Tartakovsky, S. Hausberger, M. Gutman, M. Veinblat and Y. Zvirin, “Retrofit aftertreatment systems for diesel engines”, Proc. 14th Int. Scientific Symp. on Transport and Air Pollution, Graz, Austria, (2005).
- Y. Zvirin and V. Gittelman, “Background for the Panel on Infrastructures, National Road Safety Program”, Invited Paper, Proc. 4th Or Yarok Road Safety Conf., Tel Aviv, (2005).