Office: 213, DK
- 1985 - B.Sc., in Computer Science, Technion - I.I.T.
- 1987 - M.Sc., in Technical Sciences (Mechanical Engineering), Technion - I.I.T.
- 1992 - D.Sc., in Mechanical Engineering, Technion - I.I.T.
- Feature-Based Systems
- Multiresolution Geometric Modeling Methods
- Computer Aided Geometrical Design Methods
- Geometric reconstruction from scanned data (CT, MRI, 3D camera, laser scanner)
- Mechanical Based Geometrical Models
- Geometric modeling for 3D printing
- Learning algorithms for geometric modeling, segmentation and classification
- Post-Doctoral Associate, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, CIMP Laboratory, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (1992-1994)
Public Professional Activities
- 2018-present: Member of Technion committee for Harvey award
- 2019-present: Member of Israeli committee for Fulbright award
- 2016-present Member of the Senate Committee for Conflict of Interest in Research
- 2016- present: Deputy Executive Vice President for Research.
- 2015-present: Head, Laboratory for CAD and LCE, Mechanical Engineering.
- 2015-present: Member of the Senate Committee for scholarships and research awards
- 2015-present: Member of the Senate Committee for research awards
- 2015-present: Member of the fellowships committee for postdoctoral researchers
- 2015-present: Member of the advisory board, Samuel Neaman Istitute, Technion
- 2015-present: Head of the faculty awards committee for students
- 2013-present: Member of the Committee for the Georg Schlesinger Prize, Germany
- 2011-present: Association and Management Board Member, The National School for Handesaim
- 2012-2015: Associate dean for Graduate Studies, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- 2007-2009: member of the awards committee, Technion Graduate School
Honors and Awards
- M. Landau Award (1989)
- Wolfson Scholarship (1992)
- Ullman Memorial Academic Lectureship in Manufacturing Systems and Robotics (1995)
- Gutwirth Fund for Promotion in Research (2003)
- Alexander Goldberg Prize (2003)
- Technion Henry Taub Prize for Excellence in Research (2006)
- Italian Order of Merit (Star of Italian Solidarity) with rank of Knight for Italy-Israel academic research collaboration (2014).
- The GTS Chair in Mechanical Engineering, Technion (2016-present).
- L. Podshivalov, A. Fischer, P.Z. Bar-Yoseph, “Multi-scale FE Method for Analysis of Bone Micro-Structures”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, Vol. 4 (6), 2011, pp. 888-899.
- A. Fischer, “Engineering-Oriented Geometry (EOG) Methods for Modeling and Analyzing Scanned Data”, special issue for the 10th anniversary, Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering (JCISE), Vol. 11(2), 2011, pp. 1-10.
- M. Colledani, T. Tolio, A. Fischer, B. Iung, G. Lanza, R. Schmitt, J. Vánczag, “Design and management of manufacturing systems for production quality”, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 63(2), 2014, pp 773–796.
- S. Pellegrinelli, N. Pedrocchi, L. M. Tosatti, A. Fischer, T. Tolio, Multi-robot spot-welding cells: an integrated approach to cell design and motion planning, CIRP Annals- Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 63(1), 2014, pp. 17-20.
- L. Podshivalov, A. Fischer, P. Z. Bar-Yoseph, “On the road to personalized medicine: multiscale computational modeling of bone tissue”, Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, Vol. 21(4), 2014, pp. 399-479.
- Y. Lamash, A. Fischer, S. S Carasso, J. Lessick, “Strain Analysis from 4-D Cardiac CT Image Data”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol. 62 (2), 2015, pp. 511-521.
- G. Elbaz, Y. Ben-Shabat, A. Fischer, “Geometric Analysis of Porous Structures based on Hough Transform and Genetic Algorithms for Additive Manufacturing", Virtual and Physical Prototyping, Vol. 11(2), 2016, pp. 69-76.
- S. Pellegrinelli, N. Pedrocchi, L. M. Tosatti, A. Fischer, T. Tolio, “Multi-robot spot-welding cells for car-body assembly: Design and motion planning”, Journal of Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, will be published in Vol. 44, 2017, pp. 97–116.
- Y. Ben-Shabat, T. Avraham, M. Lindenbaum, A. Fischer, "Graph Based Over-Segmentation Methods for 3D Point Clouds", Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol. 174, 2018, pp. 12-23.
- Y. Ben-Shabat, M. Lindenbaum, A. Fischer, "3DmFV: Three-Dimensional Point Cloud Classification in Real-Time Using Convolutional Neural Networks", IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, 2018, pp. 3145-3152.
- G. Elbaz, T. Avraham, A. Fischer, “3D Point Cloud Registration for Localization using a Deep Neural Network Auto-Encoder”, CVPR 2017, Hawaii, USA.
- Y. Ben-Shabat, M. Lindenbaum, A. Fischer, "Nesti-Net: Normal Estimation for Unstructured 3D Point Clouds using Convolutional Neural Networks", CVPR 2019, Los-Angeles, USA.