- 1953 – B.Sc., Technion, I.I.T.
- 1954 – Dipl. Ing., Technion, I.I.T.
- 1961 – D.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- Development of technologies and machinery for diamond and gem dressing.
- Various inventions in the fields of technology and machinery.
- Design of intelligent machinery comprising mechanical electronic, electrooptical systems and computers.
- Sintering of metallic bond diamond grinding wheels.
- Electrodeposition (tools and jewelry)
Public Professional Activities
- Head, Diamond Laboratory (1973-)
- Chief Scientist and Head of Technological Diamond Lab., Diamond Institute, Ramat Gan (1970-81)
- Member, Haifa Municipal Council (1973-78)
- Chairman, “Kiryat Hinukh” School Association (1970-94)
- Chairman, Academic Staff Organization, Technion (1979-81)
- Initiator, Israel Diamond and Gemological Institutes (1975)
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished engineer, Israel Association of Engrs. & Archs. (1993)
- R. Porat and Y. Yarnitsky, “The effect of diamond powder grain size on the rate of polishing diamond crystalographic planes”, C.I.R.P., Norway, (1989).
- R. Porat and Y. Yarnitsky, “Correlation between the friction coefficient and the shear modulus of diamond”, International Plansee Seminar, Austria, (1989).
- Y. Yarnitsky, and J.P.F. Sellschop, “Polishing Diamonds in various atmospheres”, II Diamond Conference, Bristol, U.K, (1989).
- Y. Sofer, Y. Yarnitsky and S. Direnfeld, “Composite coatings on steel of a Ni-No matrix and diamond particles”, J. Surface and Coating Technology, (1990).
- R. Porat and Y. Yarnitsky, “The effect of diamond powder grain size on the rate of polishing diamond crystallographic places”, C.I.R.P. Publication, Vol. 38, 319 – 321, (1989).
- Y. Yarnitsky, “The Diamond and its processing”.
Part I – General information – 200 p.
Part II – The machining of Diamonds 250 p.
Part III – Evaluation of Gem Diamonds – 200 p.