Office: 409, DK
- 2005 - 2010: Technion - Israel Institute of Technology: Graduate studies for PhD degree in the subject of "Flows in shallow micro-channels", special track PhD studies program in the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering.
- 2001 - 2005: Technion - Israel Institute of Technology: Bs'c degree in Aerospace Engineering (summa cum laude).
- Theoretical research of low-Reynolds and free-surface flows.
- Interaction of fluid flows with deformation and motion of solid structures.
- Analysis and optimization of complex micro-fluidic networks for fuel cells and lab-on-a-chip applications.
- 2010 - 2012: California Institute of Technology: Postdoctoral researcher in Prof. Gharib's group at the graduate aeronautical laboratories
Honors and Awards
- Summa cum laude, B.Sc in Aerospace Engineering, 2005.
- Excellence scholarship based on undergraduate studies, 2006.
- Rubin award for work done on the Technion's Ramtech project (two-stage ramjet rocket), 2006.
- Ilan Ramon award based on doctoral achievements, 2008.
- Gutwirth award based on doctoral achievements, 2008.
- The Lester-Deutsch fellowship for postdoctoral studies, 2009.
- Jacobs prize for best publication of the year 2009 from the Technion - Israel Institute of Technology.
- Gat A.D., Frankel I. & Weihs D. (2008) Gas flows through constricted shallow micro-channels, J. Fluid Mech. 602, 427-442.
- Gat A.D., Frankel I. & Weihs D. (2009) A higher-order Hele-Shaw approximation with application to gas flows through shallow micro-channels, J. Fluid Mech. 638, 141-160. (Won the Jacobs prize for best publication of the year 2009 from the Technion - IIT.)
- Gat A.D., Navaz H. & Gharib M. (2012) Wicking of a liquid bridge connected to a moving porous surface, J. Fluid Mech. 703, 315-325.
- Gat A.D. & Gharib M. (2013) Elasto-Capillary Coalescence of Multiple Parallel Sheets, J. Fluid Mech. 723, 692-705.
- Gat, A.D., Vahdani, A.,Navaz, H., Nowakowski, A. & Gharib M. (2013) Asymmetric Wicking and Reduced Evaporation Time of Droplets Penetrating a Thin Double-Layered Porous Material, Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 134104.
- Elbaz, S.B. & Gat A.D. (2014) "Dynamics of Viscous Liquid within a Closed Elastic Cylinder Subject to External Forces with Application to Soft-Robotics," J. Fluid Mech. 758, 221-237.
- Tulchinsky A. & Gat A.D. (2015) "Viscous-poroelastic interaction as mechanism to create adhesion in frogs' toe pads." J. Fluid Mech. 758, 288-303.
- Sarig, I., Starosvetsky, Y. & Gat A.D. (2016) "Interaction Forces Between Microfluidic Droplets in a Hele-Shaw Cell," J. Fluid Mech. 800, 264-177.
- Tulchinksy A. & Gat A.D. (2016) “Transient Dynamics of Elastic Hele-Shaw Cell Due to External Forces with Application to Impulse Mitigation,” J. Fluid Mech. 800, 517-530.
- Elbaz, S. & Gat, A.D. (2016) “Axial Creeping Flow in the Gap between a Rigid Cylinder and a Concentric Elastic Tube.” J. Fluid Mech. (in print)
- Boyko, E., Bercovici, M. & Gat A.D. (2016) “Flow of Power-Law Liquids in a Hele-Shaw Cell Driven by Non-Uniform Electroosmotic Slip in the Case of Strong Depletion.” J. Fluid Mech. (in print)