פרופסורים אמריטי וחברי סגל בגמלאותFull CV
חדר: 519, LD
- 1955 - B.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion - I.I.T.
- 1956 - Diploma, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion - I.I.T.
- 1957 - M.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion - I.I.T.
- 1962 - Dr.-Ing., Mechanical Engineering, The Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Machining and High Speed Machining of Metals.
- CIM (Computer Integrated Manufacturing).
- FSM (Flexible Manufacturing Systems).
- Robotics and AGV (Automated Guided Vehicles).
- Automated Assembly.
- Visiting Professor, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1973-1974)
- Senior Scientist FORD MOTOR Co. (1969-70; 1976-77; 1993)
- Visiting Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver (1998)
Public Professional Activities
- Dean, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion (1966-69; 1985-1990)
- Vice President for Research, Technion (1979-83)
- Head, J. W. Ullmann Center for Manufacturing Systems and Robotics, Technion (1991-1999)
- Member, The Council for Higher Education, Jerusalem
- Member, Editorial Board, CIRP, MR, AMT.
Membership in Professional Societies
- ASME (fellow member)
- SME (fellow member)
Honors and Awards
- The Schlesinger Chair in Manufacturing Systems (1984-1998)
- F.W. Taylor Medal of CIRP (1964)
- F.W. Taylor Research Medal of SME (1979)
- J. Wallenberg Foundation Scholarship (1982)
- Meitner-Humboldt Award (1997)
- E. Kroll, E. Lenz, J.R. Wolberg, "Knowledge-based synthesis in design-for-assembly", ASME Conference Proc., DE-Vol. 21, PED-Vol. 36, pp. 205-212, (1989).
- E. Kroll, E. Lenz, J.R. Wolberg, "Rule-based generation of exploded-views and assembly sequences", Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis and Manufacturing, 3(3), pp. 143-145, (1989).
- J. Rotberg, S. Braun, E. Lenz, "Vibration generation models for cutting tool monitoring". Presented and published in the Proc. of the ASME 12th Biennial Conference on Vibration and Noise, Montreal, September 17-20, (1989).
- J. Rotberg, E. Lenz, S. Braun, "Vibration based drill wear monitoring", Manufacturing Review, Vol. 3, Nr. 1, pp. 60-65, (1990).
- E. Zussman, E. Lenz, M. Shpitalni, "An approach to automatic assembly planning", CIRP Annals, 39, (1990).
- SPUR, G., F.L. Krause, E. Lenz, M. Shpitalni, A. Fisher, Multirepresentation based geometrical modeler, CIRP Annals, 39, (1991).
- E. Zussman, M. Shoham and E. Lenz, "A kinematical approach to the automatic assembly planning problem", ASME Proceedings, PED-Vol. 50, Intelligent Design and Manufacturing for Prototyping, pp. 125-140, (1991).
- E. Zussman, M. Shoham and E. Lenz, "Automatic assembly planning - A kinematic approach by means of screw theory". Manufacturing Review, ASME, (1992).
- S. Shoval, I. Zeitoun, E. Lenz, "Implementation of a Kalman Filter in Positioning for Autonomous Vehicles, and its Sensitivity to the Process Parameters", (1997).
- U. Benshetrit, E.Lenz, M. Shoham, "Collision Detection in Static and Dynamic Complex Scenes not having Geometry Coherence", (1998).
- J. Rotberg, E. Lenz, M. Levin, "Drill and Clamping Interface in High Performance Drilling", (1998).