Office: 406, DK
- 2016 – Ph.D. (direct track), Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T., Israel
- 2006 – B.Sc., Geophysics, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Human body biomechanics
- Mechanical interaction with medical devices
- Simulation-based optimal design
- Modeling the mechanical properties of tissues and materials
- Design of subject-specific medical devices
- Full-field shape and strain optical measurements
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2017-2018)
- Research Scientist, Media Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2019-2020)
Honors and Awards
- IEEE Access Best Multimedia Award (2018)
- MIT–Technion Postdoctoral Fellowship (2017)
- Aharon and Ephraim Katzir Study Grant, The Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities (2015)
- The Irwin and Joan Jacobs PhD Fellowship (2015)
- Sylvia and David Fine Excellence Scholarship for PhD Students (2014)
- Miriam and Aaron Gutwirth Memorial Fellowship (2013)
- The International Society of Biomechanics Student Congress Travel Grant (2013)
- Leonard and Diane Sherman Interdisciplinary Graduate School Fellowship (2012)
- Outstanding Oral Presentation, The 32nd Israeli Conference on Mechanical Engineering (2012)
- Excellent Teaching Assistant Award, Technion – I.I.T (2012-2016)
- Dean Excellence Award, Tel-Aviv University (2004-2006)
- Solav, D., Moerman, K., Jaeger, A., Herr. H., (2019). A Framework for Measuring the Time-varying Shape and Full-field Deformation of Residual Limbs using 3D Digital Image Correlation. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 66(10), 2740-2752.
- Moerman, K., Solav, D., Sengeh, D., Herr. H. Automated and Data-driven Computational Design of Patient-Specific Transtibial Prosthetic Sockets. Preprint DOI: 10.31224/osf.io/g8h9n.
- Solav, D., Moerman, K., Jaeger, A., Genovese, K., Herr. H., (2018). MultiDIC: a MATLAB Toolbox for Multi-View 3D Digital Image Correlation. IEEE Access, 6, 30520-30535.
- Solav, D., Meric, H., Rubin, M.B., Pradon, D., Lofaso, F., Wolf, A., (2017). Chest Wall Kinematics Using Triangular Cosserat Point Elements in Healthy and Neuromuscular Subjects. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 45(8), 1963-1973.
- Solav, D., Camomilla, V., Cereatti, A., Barré, A., Aminian, K., Wolf, A., (2017). Bone Orientation and Position Estimation Errors Using Cosserat Point Elements and Least Squares methods: Application to Gait. Journal of Biomechanics, 62, 110-116.
- Rubin, M.B. and Solav, D., (2016). Unphysical Properties of the Rotation Tensor Estimated by Least Squares Optimization with Specific Application to Biomechanics. International Journal of Engineering Science, 103, 11-18.
- Solav, D., Rubin, M.B., Cereatti, A., Camomilla, V., Wolf, A., (2015). Bone Pose estimation in the presence of Soft Tissue Artifact using Triangular Cosserat Point Elements. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 44(4), 1181-1190.
- Solav, D., Rubin, M.B., Wolf, A., (2014). Soft Tissue Artifact compensation using Triangular Cosserat Point Elements (TCPEs). International Journal of Engineering Science, 85, 1-9.