- 1949 – B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- 1950 – M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- 1962 – D.Sc, Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Membership in Professional Societies
Honors and Awards
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics Fluid-Power Paper Contest, First Prize (1975)
- ASME Blackall Award (1960)
- D. Pessen, 1994 Introduction to Control and Automation, Michlol (textbook in Hebrew)
- D. Pessen, 1989, Industrial Automation – Circuit Design and Components, John Wiley & Sons
- D. Pessen, “A new look at PID – controller tuning”, ASME Trans., J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 116, pp.553-557, (1994).
- D. Pessen, “Ladder – diagram design for programmable controllers”, Automatica, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 407-412, (1989).