- 1963 – B.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1967 – M.Sc., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1970 – D.Sc., Department of Materials Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- Mechanics of Materials and Structures.
- Composite Materials – Mechanics, Dynamics Strength and Fatigue.
- Non-Destructive Evaluation (N.D.E.) of Materials and Structures.
- Acoustic Emission (A.E.). Artificial Implants for Human Body.
- Senior Research Associate, NASA Ames, Calif. (1977-1978, 1987-1989)
- Research Associate, IIT, Chicago (1970-1971)
- Research Engineer, RAFAEL, Haifa (1963-1966)
Membership in Professional Societies
- A. Rotem and H.G. Nelson, “Failure of a laminated composite under tension-compression fatigue loading”, J. of Composite Science and Technology, Vol. 36, pp. 45-62, (1989).
- A. Rotem and H.G. Nelson, “Residual strength of composite laminates subjected to tension-compression fatigue loading”, J. of Composites Technology and Research, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 76-84, (1990).
- A. Rotem, “The fatigue behavior of composite laminates under various mean stresses”, J. of Composite Structures, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 113-126, (1991), [Pub. in Winter 1990].
- A. Rotem, “Load frequency effect on the fatigue strength of isotropic laminates”, Journal of Composites Science and Technology, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 129-138, (1993).
- A. Rotem, “The anisotropic fatigue behavior of isotropic composite laminates”, International Journal of Fatigue, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 266-272, (1994).
- A. Rotem, “The durability of Graphite/Epoxy laminate subjected to repeated low velocity impact”, in Proc. of ICCM/7, (Beijing, China, Aug. 1-4, 1989), Nanking, China, (1989).
- A. Rotem, “Fatigue-Stiffness”, a chapter in Encyclopedia of composites, Ed. by Stuart M. Lee, published by VCH Publishers, New York, (1990). (a book)
- A. Rotem, “Effect of implant material properties on the performance of hip joint replacement”, Proc. 25th Israel Conference on Mechanical Engineering, Haifa, Israel, May 25-26, pp. 76-78, (1994).