Former holder of the Henri Garih Chair in Material Processing
CURRICULUM VITAE (Updated, March 2016)
- 1962 – B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1964 – M.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Technion – I.I.T.
- 1969 – Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, M.I.T., Cambridge, MA, USA
- Metal forming processes.
- Applied Plasticity.
- Damage Mechanics.
- Visiting Professor at Georgia Tech., Atlanta (July 2002 – March 2003)
- Visiting Scientist at Johns Hopkins Univ., Baltimore, MD (1990-1991)
- Visiting Scholar at Stanford University, CA, U.S.A. (1986-1987)
- Visiting Scientist at G. Washington Univ. Washington, D.C. (1980-1981)
- Visiting Scientist, U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Washington, D.C. (1975-1976)
- Research Associate, M.I.T., Dept. of Mech. Engineering, U.S.A. (1969-1970)
Public Professional Activities
- Vice Dean of the Graduate School of the Technion (1996-1998)
- Head, Metal Forming Lab. (1980-)
- Head of the Center for Manufacturing Systems and Robotics (2003-)
Honors and Awards
- Research Publication Award from U.S. Naval Research Lab. Washington D.C., U.S.A. (1981)
- The Henry Taub Prize for Excellence in Research, Technion (2002)