Phone: +972-77-887 3463
Room: 335, LD
Full CV: Open pdf
- 2011 - Ph.D., Aeronautics and Astronautics, Stanford University, USA
- 2007 - M.Sc., Aerospace Engineering, Technion - I.I.T., Israel
- 2001 - B.Sc., Aerospace Engineering, Technion - I.I.T., Israel
- Microscale flow and transport phenomena,
- Electrokinetic flow,
- Focusing and separation of chemical and biological species,
- Microscale two-phase flow,
- Electrohydrodynamic instabilities,
- Microfluids and nanofluids,
- Lab on a chip devices and assays,
- Point-of-care medical diagnostics,
- On-chip molecular diagnostics and immunoassays,
- On-chip environmental monitoring
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Urology, Stanford University School of Medicine (2011)
Honors and Awards
- Marie Curie Career Integration Grant (2012-2016)
- Lab Automation 2010 best poster award (2010)
- Stanford Graduate Fellowship in Engineering and Science (2006-2010)
- Fulbright Doctoral Fellowship (2006-2008)
- Graduated with excellence (Summa Cum Laude), M.Sc., Technion - I.I.T. (2007)
- Graduated with excellence (Summa Cum Laude), B.Sc., Technion - I.I.T. (2001)
- Bercovici M., Lele S.K., and Santiago J.G., "Open source simulation tool for electrophoretic stacking, focusing, and separation," Journal of Chromatography A, 1216, 2009 1008-1018.
- Bercovici M., Lele S.K., and Santiago J.G., "Compact adaptive-grid scheme for high numerical resolution simulations of isotachophoresis," Journal of Chromatography A, 1217, 2010, 588-599.
- Bahga S.S., Bercovici M., and Santiago J.G., "Ionic strength effects on electrophoretic focusing and separations," Electrophoresis 2010, 31, 910-919.
- Bercovici M., Kaigala G.V., Backhouse C.J., and Santiago J.G., "Fluorescent carrier ampholytes assay for portable, label-free detection of chemical toxins in tap water," Analytical Chemistry, 2010, 82, 1858-1866.
- Bercovici M., Kaigala G.V., and Santiago J.G., "Method for analyte identification using isotachophoresis and a fluorescent carrier ampholytes assay," Analytical Chemistry 2010, 82, 2134-2138.
- Kaigala G.V., Bercovici M., Behnam M., Elliott D., Santiago J.G., and Backhouse C.J., "Miniaturized system for isotachophoresis assays", Lab on a Chip, 2010, vol. 10, no. 17, p. 2242.
- Garcia G., Bercovici M., Marshall L.A., and Santiago J.G., "Sample dispersion in isotachophoresis", Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 2011, 679: 455-475.
- Bercovici M., Kaigala G.V., Mach K.E., Han C.M., Liao J.C., and Santiago J.G., "Rapid detection of urinary tract infections using isotachophoresis and molecular beacons", Analytical Chemistry, 2011, 83 (11), pp 4110-4117.