Phone: +972-77-887 1617
Room: 415, DK
Full CV: Open pdf
Horev Fellow, Leaders in Science and Technology Program, supported by Taub Foundation
- Ph.D. Stanford University, 2013
- M.Sc. Stanford University, 2009
- B.Eng. McGill University, 2007
- Electrochemical systems for energy and water applications;
- Capacitive water desalination;
- Flow batteries for large scale energy storage;
- Electroosmotic micropumps;
- Fluidic and species transport in porous electrode structures;
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy;
- Rapid prototyping of energy and water devices
- Postdoctoral Associate, MIT, 2013-2014
- Lawrence Scholar, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 2010-2013
Public Professional Activities
- Delegate member of the European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE), Working Party on Electrochemical Engineering, one of two delegates representing Israel (2015-present)
- Chair of the International Working Group on Capacitive Deionization (2015-present)
- Team Leader at the Israel National Research Center for Electrochemical Propulsion (2014-present)
- Leader in Energy Science at the Grand Technion Energy Program (2014 present)
- Co-chair of the 2015 Capacitive Deionization & Electrosorption conference in Saarbrucken, Germany
Honors and Awards
- Alon Fellowship - Israel's Council for Higher Education (2015-2018)
- Horev Fellowship - Leaders in Science & Technology Program, Technion (2014-2016)
- Excellence in Publication Award - Physical & Life Sciences Division at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2012 & 2013)
- Lawrence Scholar Award - Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2010-2013)
- National Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) PGS D PhD scholarship (2009-2012)
- Fonds québécois de la Recherche sur la Nature et les Technologies (FQRNT) PhD scholarship (declined, 2009)
- Fonds québécois de la Recherche sur la Nature et les Technologies (FQRNT) Masters' scholarship (2007-2009)
- S Schlumpberger, NB Lu, ME Suss, MZ Bazant. "Scalable and Continuous Water Deionization by Shock Electrodialysis." Submitted to Environmental Science & Technology Letters, 2015.
- PM Biesheuvel, HVM Hamelers, ME Suss. "Theory of water desalination by porous electrodes with immobile chemical charge." Submitted to Physics Review Letters, 2015
- ME Suss, K Conforti, L Gilson, CR Buie, MZ Bazant, "Towards a cyclable laminar flow battery". Submitted to Journal of Power Sources, 2015.
- ME Suss, S Porada, X Sun, PM Biesheuvel, J Yoon, V Presser, "Water desalination via capacitive deionization: What is it and what can we expect from it?" Invited perspective paper, Energy & Environmental Science, 2015, 8, 2296-2319
- ME Suss, PM Biesheuvel, TF Baumann, M Stadermann, JG Santiago.
"Spatially and temporally resolved measurements of salt concentration between charging porous electrodes for desalination by capacitive deionization". Environmental Science & Technology, 2014, 48, 2008-2015.
- ME Suss, TF Baumann, MA Worsley, KA Rose, T Jaramillo, M Stadermann, JG Santiago. "Impedance-based study of capacitive porous carbon electrodes with hierarchical and bimodal porosity". Journal of Power Sources, 2013, 241, 266-273.
- ME Suss, TF Baumann, WL Bourcier, CM Spadaccini, KA Rose, JG Santiago, M Stadermann. "Capacitive desalination with flow-through electrodes". Energy and Environmental Science, 2012, 5, 9511-9519
- J Biener, M Stadermann, M Suss, MA Worsley, MM Biener, KA Rose and TF Baumann. "Advanced carbon aerogels for energy applications". Energy and Environmental Science, 2011, 4, 656-667